Age group: 6-10 years
Lesson length: 75 minutes
Bricks Lab is aimed at children in elementary/primary school and is our most popular curriculum (with good reasons of course). It covers the fundamental principles of engineering, mathematics, science, and works to supplement the basics that children are taught as part of their regular school curriculum. By building motorized models using LEGO® bricks and learning theories through storytelling and demonstrations, children learn STEM subjects in an intuitive and engaging manner. Well, our parents always said learning can be fun.
Topics covered include:
- Basic mathematics
- Fundamental principles in physics, including torque, fulcrum, angular momentum, potential and kinetic energy, action and reaction law, the law of inertia and more.
- Introductions to key figures in the world of science, such as Einstein, Isaac Newton and Archimedes
- Building of models including aircraft, cranes, amusement park rides, elevators etc.
Aims of the program
- Developing motor skills.
- Nurturing creative thinking.
- Strengthening understanding of and ability to analyze engineering processes.
- Improving social interactions and communication skills, thus naturally increasing self-confidence.
- Broadening horizons and building understanding of physics and the natural world.