Lesson Length: 75 minutes
Age group: 10 – 12 years, or graduates from the Bricks Lab program
Bricks Experts builds on the topics learned in the Bricks Lab course, and goes further with building children’s ability to take an engineering approach to mechanical systems. Teamwork is an important element of the course, as the models built with LEGO® bricks are larger and more complex than previous programs, so go team!
- Mathematics, going into more complex areas than those covered in Bricks Lab.
- Key physics theories, building on the topics learned in Legolab.
- Building of models including construction equipment, vehicles, and pneumatic tools.
Aims of the program
- Developing motor skills.
- Nurturing creative thinking.
- Strengthening understanding of and ability to analyze engineering processes.
- Broadening horizons and building understanding of physics and the natural world.
- Improving social interactions and communication skills, thus naturally increasing self-confidence.